Thursday, March 24, 2005

"My Feet are Made of Clay, Made of Clay"

Last night I had the distinct pleasure of watching (for what is probably the 1000th time) "The Philadelphia Story". I know many of the lines by heart, and the Better Half's eyes roll whenever I watch the movie. I love it. There is just something about Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Ruth Hussey, and John Howard all in the same film. My favorite line, one I use often to Better Half's annoyance is "Oh we're going to talk about me now, goody!" I love Katherine Hepburn, but this film -- and if you haven't seen it, oh do -- is so classic Hepburn, her mannerisms, voice, lilt, facial expressions, everything about it is classic. And that oft-spoken line by Jimmy Stewart " . . . but you were also a little worse, or the better for wine, and there are rules about that." Sends chills down my spine. When I lived in Philadelphia, I went to an outdoor showing of the film during the week of the 4th of July where hundreds of people sat out on the parkway and watched it on big screens, repeating lines under their breath, humming along, laughing and enjoying this masterpiece of a film. There is nothing at all like it. If you enjoy romantic comedies, or are just looking for a good snuggli movie, watch The Philadelphia Story!! What are you waiting for? Go now! posted at basil's lunch


Proud Member of the Alliance

The Alliance
Blogwise - blog directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogwarriors v. Sortapundit
Technorati search