Thursday, March 24, 2005

Eggcellent Eggs

Pajama Pundits has posted the new Carnival of the Recipes and I posted this recipe!!! In honor of the Easter Holiday and my awesome Easter Egg Hunt and Festivities on Saturday, I thought I would post an egg recipe for the carnival. Most of us like eggs. I don't really like eggs. I never eat them for breakfast ever. Weird, but true, I love boiled eggs. And deviled eggs? Oh my, I could eat a whole tray! Its like the green m&m's boiled/deviled eggs taste different than breakfast eggs. So, here is a great deviled egg recipe! Enjoy. INGREDIENTS: 10 hard-boiled eggs 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (not miracle whip!) 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (I use an asian hot sauce but any will do) 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley 1 tablespoon drained bottled capers 2 to 3 tablespoons water paprika and/or chives for garnish Halve the eggs lengthwise, smash in a bowl with forks, and stir in the mustard, the mayonnaise, the vinegar, the hot sauce, the parsley, and the capers. Stir in enough of the water to reach the desired consistency, add salt and pepper to taste, and mound the filling in the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and add some chives or other favorite colored veggie for a garnish. Enjoy.


Proud Member of the Alliance

The Alliance
Blogwise - blog directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory
Blogwarriors v. Sortapundit
Technorati search